Anytime a new President is elected, a flurry of energy overcomes the Nation. There is usually great bipartisan support for some period of time. That has not been true for the last four new Presidents, or at least it has become less and less. There are various explanation for that happening, but I will not go into it in this article. The 55% percent that did not vote for this President may find the following list helpful. The 45% that did vote for him may not be aware of all the things he will try to change in government. As good citizen, I believe all Americans should follow these changes and know what to vote for or against in the next election, starting in some states this year, but nationally again in 2018..
For those of you having trouble keeping up with the whirlwind of activity the new President has created in his first days in office, here is my list of Thirty Things Trumps Tackles in his administration(in alphabetically order for easier memory retention):
1) Budget Deficits – Long Term deficit spending will increase by approximately $8-10 Trillion.
2) Business Deregulation – “2 for 1” will be strategy to cut regulation on business.
3) Coal – Support for Production and Use will increase
4) Climate Change – A de-emphasis on support of Global Treaties and dismantling of the EPA are in the works.
5) Defense Dept – An increase in spending for ships and for weapons.
6) Dodd-Frank/CFPB – a dismantling of the post-2008 recession oversight of Banks and the Consumer Federal Protection Bureau.
7) Education Dept.- A new Secretary will increase support for School Choice and less Federal intervention.
8) Ethics – Congressional Ethics Office oversight will be changed and Federal employees will not be able to become a Lobbyist for five years after leaving government.
9) FCC – Major changes coming on the “Net Neutrality” position on Internet Bandwidth
10) FDA – Changes to the agency may come on funding and interactions with “Big Pharma”
11) Federal Employees – A hiring freeze and no pay raises in sight
12) Foreign Policy – Huge changes to relationships with China, Russia, Mexico, Canada and others.
13) HUD – Department of Housing and Urban Development will be run by a Brain Surgeon, who will operate on housing issues.
14) Immigration – Seven countries have been identified for a 90-day freeze on travel and increased vetting on immigration.
15) Iran Nuclear Deal– Expect changes to a Treaty negotiated last year.
16) IRS – A continuing defunding this department will be expected.
17) ISIS – Defense Department has 30 days to come up with a strategy to defeat ISIS.
18) Israel – US Embassy will likely move to Jerusalem & the Israeli right-wing government will be given total support.
19) Labor Dept. – Expect major changes to workforce rule enforcement, and a lack of minimum wage increase and union support.
20) Marijuana – Expect backtracking of Federal cooperation with States allowing pot sales.
21) Medicaid – Block grants to states and other changes may be supported by Congress. Changes to Obamacare may decrease Medicaid availability to 15-20 million people.
22) Medicare – Changes to age eligibility may increase and funding formulas may happen.
23) Obamacare – Repeal and Replace
24) Oil – 2 Pipelines will be supported and increased drilling will be encouraged. The goal will be to make the US the number one Oil supplier in the world.
25) Social Security – Changes to age eligibilty and funding will be considered by Congress.
26) Supreme Court – New Nominees will be Conservative and against Roe vs Wade.
27) Tax Cuts – Obamacare taxes will be eliminated for those making 250K and above. Individual Tax rates will be decrease 25% and Corporate Tax rates will decrease by 42 percent.
28) Trade – NAFTA and PTP Trade laws will be changed. 20% Tariffs could be put on goods from Mexico, China and others.
29) VA – Veteran’s Administration will be reorganized and possibly health services privatized.
30) Women’s Issue – Abortion Rights will be challenged. Planned Parenthood will be defunded. Equal Pay issues will be abandoned.